Senior Perception Engineer
Senior Perception Research Engineer: NuPort Robotics Inc. is
currently looking for a strong core perception engineer / researcher
(full-time, part-time, contract based or internship) to work with us.
If anyone is interested or knows any person who would be interested in
working with us for deployment of perception algorithms on an
autonomous vehicle; it would be great to connect. Please directly
reach out to email@example.com
to further discuss.
Masters / PhD in Computer Science, Robotics or related field OR
relevant autonomous driving / robotics experience.
Experience with autonomous systems in one or more of the following
areas: object detection, object classification, multi-object
tracking, localization, mapping, road segmentation, prediction, etc.
Experience developing, working with, modifying, and creating
- Extensive experience working with autonomous driving systems.
- Large scale probabilistic planning and prediction.
Advanced experience of developing and deploying Deep learning
- Experience in C++ and / or python
- Experience with one or more deep learning frameworks Tesorflow, TensorRT, Pytorch, Caffe, Cuda.
- Strong understanding of CNN architectures
- Experience with working on various sensor data from cameras, lidars, radars, GPS, etc.
- Experience and proven track record work in autonomy and of publishing in top tier conferences like ICRA, IROS, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, RSS, IJRR, etc.
- Proficiency with Linux.
- Hands-on experience with autonomous systems.
Be intellectually curious and have an unending desire to learn.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment.
Good to have skills:
- Robust software design for safety-critical systems.
Multi-modal sensor fusion for localization and dynamic object
Naturally enjoy testing of autonomous vehicles out in the wild.
- PhD + industry experience in autonomous driving.
- Experience in ROS and / or ROS2
- Experience with existing Deep Learning Models such as RNNs, RCNNs, LSTMs, GANs, etc.
Expected tasks from the candidate includes the following:
Field testing of algorithms in an autonomous vehicle (involves
driving, trusting your own software while being driven in the
Developing and testing perception algorithms on existing academic,
research and industrial datasets.
Deployment and testing of perception algorithms on an autonomous
- Developing Sensor fusion based perception algorithms.
Industrial grade software development adhering to best code /
Start Date: as soon as possible.